Tuesday 20 January 2015

New Beginnings in 2015

Welcome back to my poor, neglected blog. Other than procrastination, it's difficult to pinpoint exactly why I have failed to create all the blog posts that I think about creating. I did a fair bit of creating in 2014 but it never made it's way here. I have a handful of excuses I suppose.....

.....can't get a good photo

......it's too late in the day or too early in the day or too bright or too cloudy to take photos

......I have a photo, but nothing interesting to say about it

.....lots to say but no photo

......it's not good enough to post (plan to re-do but don't)

I could go on but I know you get it.

I am planning on a different approach this year. The picture might suck, the project might be not great, but I will put it here anyway.

A favorite quote of mine makes a lot of sense.....

If I worry about my blog failing (whatever that means), well then if I don't ever add posts to my blog it certainly won't fail. There will be nothing to fail. Or succeed. I don't want to live a life of safe choices or never taking a chance by putting myself out there
So I begin 2015 with inspiration from Tim Holtz who is once more doing his Twelve Tags of the year video. I don't often do tags so I decided to take Tim's tag idea and use it as inspiration for a layout I my art journal.
 
It makes me think. Instead of using the little word tags from the Tim Holtz collection, I made my own words that I thought might inspire or move me in a forward direction in 2015. It wasn't until I started adhering the words to the page that I realized I had written the word SMILE twice.
Hmmmm.......does this mean I need to work on smiling? Or, my choice, maybe it means that 2015 is going to give me a lot to smile about.
Here's hoping!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment